3KND is Melbourne’s first Indigenous owned and managed radio station, providing a vital service not only to the Indigenous community but also to the wider community as a whole. 3KND provides information and entertainment for our community and anyone else who wants to join in.
Love 3 KND- the music, interviews. Always varied & interesting. Good on you 3 KND people!!
polly t on sunday--THE BEST
Information about the radio
We are committed to providing specialist training in radio & media broadcasting to Indigenous community members. Media services available at 3KND Radio are wide ranging including; Radio and On-line Broadcast services, Multimedia Media Training and Studio Recording Hire and Music Production. 3KND radio station provides the community with 24 hours Broadcast service to our listeners in a friendly, informal, educational and positive in Indigenous spirit, whilst maintaining the highest standards of technical and programming excellence.
The radio station is proud of its achievements to date in fostering and developing the many talented Indigenous Community Volunteer Broadcasters. The 3KND Broadcasters continue to produce interesting, relevant and deadly radio programs for our listening Audience.
3KND Radio Station objectives include:
• To provide a voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, arts, culture and politics.
• To encourage Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander community involvement in program production and to provide training to facilitate.
• To provide Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community members to access open and affordable facilities for the production of music and video.
• 3KND Radio provides listeners with up to date info on news, sport, weather and current affairs.
• To Entertain: Indigenous music and chat, interactive talk shows, live performances and interviews.
• To give Indigenous community members and musicians access to state of the art studio production facilities.
Address: 35 Copernicus Cres Bundoora 3083, Melbourne Australia