Last updated on 23/09/2021
Previously updated on 23/09/2021
- your state of residence or establishment is California, or
- you are in California for any other purpose than a temporary or transitory purpose, or
- you are domiciled in California but are currently outside of the state for a temporary or transitory purpose.
We want to be sure that we took into account everything important to you, including:
- the personal information that we collect;
- how and for what purposes we use your personal information;
- for how long we retain your personal information;
- your rights in respect of the processing of your personal information;
- our protection measures to keep your personal information secure;
- the ways you can control how your personal information is used or shared in order to protect your rights.
1. Who we are
Online Radio Box sp.z.o.o., Jana Dantyszka str., 18, 02-054, Warsaw, Poland
You also may submit inquiries regarding personal information protection, privacy and security matters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. What is personal information and its processing?
“Personal information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. personal information includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this list to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
“Processing” of the personal information means, for example, collection, recording, organizing, structuring, storage, use, disclosure whether or not by automated means etc.
“Sell,” “selling,” “sale,” or “sold,” means selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a consumer’s personal information by the business to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
3. What personal information do we collect?
If you choose to login on our Site, additionally to the data we collect from anonymous users, the following categories of data to and on behalf of you will be processed:“Account data”
When you log in through a third-party account such as Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, Apple or similar services, you give us consent to extract from such an account your name, photo, email address, language preferences or other information which is clearly indicated when signing in with their help. Please pay attention to the description when you consent to such logging in.“Feedback data“
When you visit our feedback page to ask questions or give another request to us, you should provide us with your name, email address and the text of the message). We kindly ask you not to provide us with any excessive personal information, including sensitive data on the feedback page.“Configuration data”
- the latest station which you’re listening;
- the latest country you’re browsing;
- the latest language you’re selected;
- favorite station list.
- Your IP number in anonymized form.
- The date and time of the latest login (based on your consent).
After login you are issued with a cryptographic token which is used both as a proof of your consent and authorisation. This token is stored in your cookie, and sent with each request by your browser to ORB.
Additionally, when you log in through the application and you sync the application with the Site, we may collect and process the information about your devices through which you may login, such as platform, language, deviceID and phone model.“Data collected in audio interchange with users”
Certain partners of ORB place third-parties cookies, web beacons and similar technologies on your machine for audio interchange with users. The data collected in such a way could include:
- Configuration data, including the information about the ads that were played to you in the last 24 months;
- Aggregate Ad specific information: number of impressions, number of clicks, numbers of users exposed, percentage of ad content played, reaction to the ad;
- Real-time general location data, such as town or zip code (but not the specific address);
- Technical information: browser identifiers; IDFA (Apple Identifier) or GAID (Google Advertising ID) for mobile app users (if enabled); IP Address; operating system and its version; device type; Device/Browser language;
- Audio-recordings of the responses to dialogue ads placed on the partner’s platform and the text version of the audio-recordings. These recordings are either kept anonymously or in relation to a specific IP address or IDFA/GAID identifier.
See “Marketing Cookies” section for more information.
4. What do we use your personal information for?
We collect and process the personal information in order to provide you with all necessary services within our Site (including to make steps to conclude the contract with you). In particular, we collect and process different types of data for the following purposes:
"Account data": to provide you with our primary services, create and maintain your account, communicate with you at your request, to identify you as an ORB User;
"Feedback data": to provide you with the user support services (e.g. provision of the full and accurate information regarding your request), to improve our Site (ORB continually strives to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from our Users);
"Configuration data": to personalize your experience (the information will help ORB better respond to your individual needs); to produce and display cookie declarations;
"Log-in Data": to enable secure login for you in the ORB Service;
"Data collected in audio interchange with users": to enable displaying audio-visual advertisements on the Site by means of the partner’s software, to personalize your experience (better respond to your individual needs), as well as to fit the adverts and content that you see during and after visiting the Site to your interests.
If at any time you would like to stop sharing your information, you can delete your data after login by clicking on "Delete my Data" or by contacting us at email@example.com.
5. Personal information of children
We do not permit children under 13 years of age to register and do not knowingly collect any personal information from them. If you are under the age of 13, please do not register with us, unless you have obtained the explicit consent from your parent or guardian. Otherwise, you may freely use our Site.
We have to obtain your affirmative consent only to share your personal information, in the case you are at least 13 years of age and less than 16 years of age. In the event that we learn affirmatively that we have obtained or collected information from or about children under 13 years of age, we will use our best efforts to remove such information from our servers. If you are aware of any child under these age limits who have registered with us, please contact our Support Team by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. How do we protect your personal information?
ORB implements the following technical, physical and organizational measures to maintain the safety of your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized use, unauthorized modification, disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing.
ORB uses a distributed system and is doing its best to provide the best availability possible, but service is provided as is, and ORB isn't responsible for any damage which might be caused by interruptions.
All personnel are subject to full confidentiality and any subcontractors and sub processors are required to sign a confidentiality agreement if not full confidentiality is part of the main agreement between the parties.
The personal information can be only accessed through a private network over an encrypted connection and only from a limited set of IPs. Also any access by authorized personnel is logged. We do not store personal information outside of the private servers even temporarily.
ORB will at all times keep you informed about changes to the processes to protect data privacy and security, including practices and policies. You may at any time request information on where and how data is stored, secured and used. ORB will also provide the summaries of any independent audits of the Service (if applicable).
All access to personal information is blocked by default, using a zero privileges policy. Access to personal information is restricted to individually authorized personnel. Authorized personnel are granted a minimum access on a need-to-have basis.
The ability to intervene
ORB enables your rights of access, rectification, erasure, blocking and objection mainly by providing built-in functions for data handling in the Service, and also by informing about and offering you the possibility of objection when ORB is planning to implement changes to relevant practices and policies.
ORB uses security reports to monitor access patterns and to proactively identify and mitigate potential threats. Administrative operations, including system access, are logged to provide an audit trail if unauthorized or accidental changes are made. System performance and availability is monitored from both internal and external monitoring services.
Personal Data breach notification
In the event that your data is compromised, ORB will notify you and competent Supervisory Authority(ies) within 72 hours by e-mail with information about the extent of the breach, affected data, any impact on the Service and ORB's action plan for measures to secure the data and limit any possible detrimental effect on the data subjects.
Cookies are small pieces of code that are stored on your device when you use websites or other services. They are installed on your device to enable different useful features, for example, to facilitate navigation on the service.
In some (but not all) cases, cookies are used to collect personal data, such as IP addresses and data linked to the IP address. The usage of such cookies is regulated by the data protection laws, and you as a user obtain more rights to control the collection and processing of these data.
We use the following cookies divided by groups:Necessary cookies
These cookies are strongly required for the error-free operation of the Site, as well as for its accessibility. These cookies are the first party cookies, since we install them ourselves. You may decline these cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may affect the functioning of ORB. There are several types of necessary cookies that collect information about:
- Authorization token (we generate a unique cryptographically signed token on every request from the browser, we validate this token and associate it with the User’s name, email and favorites).
- Current station
- Current country
- Sound volume
- Current language
- Cookie settings
The personal information collected by these cookies may be shared with our subcontractors (acting as private entrepreneurs) and employees.
Marketing cookies help us and our partners to fit the adverts and content you see during and after visiting our site to your interests. These cookies are used to collect the Сonfiguration Data, as well as the Data collected in audio interchange with users. We use Google Doubleclick for Publishers (Google Adsense) https://policies.google.com/privacy
We also may engage in audio interchange with users, often in the context of audio or audio-visual advertisements. Certain partners like Instreamatic, Inc. enable the placement of third-parties cookies, web beacons and similar technologies on your machine for marketing and advertising purposes. The data collected in audio interchange with users shall be saved by ORB, or its partners, and shared with ORB/its partners for the period in which the transactions are processed and completed, and such additional time as necessary in relation to the purpose for which such data is collected or as required for legal compliance, after which time the personally data associated with such collected data shall be deleted. After the processing of the data collected, it shall be anonymized and used by ORB or its partners, to enhance voice interaction software.
The personal information collected by these cookies may be shared with our employees, subcontractors (acting as private entrepreneurs), as well as with Google LLC, Instreamatic, Inc. and advertising partners.
These cookies allow us to track your activity on the ORB to optimize it for our users. For instance, we may count the number of visitors, measure sessions durations, check the geographical location of the visitors, characteristics of their devices etc. The cookies are set by third-party analytics service Google Analytics https://policies.google.com/privacy. The data collected in such a way is stored in aggregated form, and it does not constitute personally identifiable information.
The personal information collected by these cookies may be shared with our employees, subcontractors (acting as private entrepreneurs), and Google.
Other third party cookies
We use social network sharing buttons, to help our users spread ORB content on the social networks. Service provided by the AddThis (https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/addthis-privacy-policy.html).
We use YouTube to have official music videos for top tracks on the radio stations by YouTube embedded player, under YouTube open API (https://developers.google.com/youtube/terms/api-services-terms-of-service).
The personal information collected by these cookies may be shared with our employees, subcontractors (acting as private entrepreneurs), YouTube and AddThis.
The cookies consent message is the first message that you were likely to see when you visited our Site. You may choose the types of cookies for the use of which you agree. If you want to change your cookies preferences, you can make it by the button below:
The following links might be useful for you to configure the cookies on the Site with the use of the best option of your browser and OS for the users of:
8. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Generally, we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties any personally identifiable information.
This does not include trusted third parties or subcontractors who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you. Such trusted parties may have access to personally identifiable information on a need-to-know basis and will be contractually obliged to keep your information confidential. In particular, we use YouTube API, Google Analytics, Google Admob (for applications) and Google Adsense Services, MoPub Service (for applications) and Instreamatic, Inc. audiovisual advertising platform services.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our Site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. Furthermore, anonymized visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Legally required disclosure
ORB will not disclose your data to law enforcement except when instructed by you or where it is required by law. When governments make a lawful demand for your data from ORB, ORB strives to limit the disclosure. ORB will only release specific data mandated by the relevant legal demand. If compelled to disclose your data, ORB will promptly notify you and provide a copy of the demand unless legally prohibited from doing so.
Your rights as to transfer of your personal information
If we share your personal information, or disclose it for a business purpose, we will notify you of that in an appropriate way. In such case you have the right to request ORB to disclose the following information:
- The categories of personal information that we collected about you.
- The categories of personal information that we sold or shared about you and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or shared, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or shared.
- The categories of personal information we disclosed about you for a business purpose and the categories of persons to whom it was disclosed for a business purpose.
You have the right to receive explicit notice and to be provided with an opportunity to exercise the right to opt-out, if a third party decides to further share your personal information.
We will also notify you in case we decide to sell some of your personal information. If we do so, you shall have the right, at any time, to direct us not to sell your personal information. This right may be referred to as the right to opt-out.
Your right to opt-out
You can choose to opt-out of having your personal information sold or been used by third-parties and businesses, such as Google Doubleclick or Google Adsense.
By clicking on the button below, you will restrict Google to use your personal data. Google will only show you non-personalized ads. Non-personalized ads are based on contextual information, such as the content of our Website.
Restricts Google to use your personal data
By processing this request, you will restricts Google to use your personal data. Google will only show you non-personalized ads. Non-personalized ads are based on contextual information, such as the content of our website.
9. Third party links
At our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our Site. These third party sites have separate independent privacy policies. If you are interested in more details about how these third-party services process personal information, please refer to their privacy policies available on their websites. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Site and welcome any feedback about these websites.
10. Where do we store the information?
No stored data will be transferred, backed up and/or recovered by ORB outside of the European Union.
Personal data location
All data are stored in databases and file repositories hosted in Falkenstein, Germany (Hetzner DC5). All data are automatically replicated in real time to secondary hot failover databases and file repositories in Falkenstein, Germany (Hetzner DC5).
Databases are continuously backed up to enable restore to any point in time within a retention period of 29 days. Backups are stored on file storage in Falkenstein, Germany (Hetzner DC7).
Installation of software on cloud customer’s system
No installation of software is required to use the Service. The login-protected Service is accessible through a standard web browser.
11. Access, data portability, and non-discrimination
You may at any time obtain confirmation from ORB as to whether or not personal information concerning you are being processed. Namely, you have the right to request us to disclose to you the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or sharing personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
You may at any time order a complete data copy, which you may transmit to another controller of the data. Your data will be delivered within 10 working days by ORB as files in CSV format. Logical relations between datasets will be preserved in the form of unique identifiers.
- Denying services to you.
- Charging different prices or rates for services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of services to you.
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
12. Request for rectification, or deletion of the personal information
You may at any time obtain without undue delay rectification of inaccurate personal information concerning you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of it.
You may without undue delay request the deletion of personal information concerning you, and ORB shall without undue delay delete your personal information from our records, notify any service providers or contractors to delete your personal information from their records, and notify all third parties with whom we have shared the personal information to delete your personal information unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
We shall not be required to comply with your request to delete your personal information if it is necessary for us to maintain your personal information in order to:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between us and you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise that consumer’s right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the business’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
We may maintain a confidential record of deletion requests solely for the purpose of preventing your personal information from being sold, for compliance with laws or for other purposes.
13. Data retention
Data retention policy
All Account Data, Configuration Data and Log-in Data will be erased after account deletion in 29 days.
Request to delete my Personal Data (allows the authorized users to delete all their personal data without any recovery options).
Data retention for compliance with legal requirements
You cannot require us to change any of the default retention periods, except for the reasons for erasure as it is stated above, but may suggest changes for compliance with specific sector laws and regulations.
We use logs all system updates, configuration changes and access to provide an audit-trail if unauthorized or accidental changes are made. You may request a data protection audit performed by an independent third party who is also accepted by ORB. You may pay a Fee associated with the request plus applicable taxes as well as any other costs related to the audit as the case may be.
ORB will cooperate with you in order to ensure compliance with applicable data protection provisions, e.g. to enable you to effectively guarantee the exercise of data subjects’ rights (right of access, rectification, erasure, blocking, opposition), to manage incidents including forensic analysis in case of security breach.
16. Online Radio Box Terms and Conditions of Use
Please also visit our Terms section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our Site.
18. If you are not satisfied
Also you may at any time lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding ORB’s collection and processing of your personal information.
The California Attorney General acts as the supervisory authority in California.
P.O. Box 944255 Sacramento , Sacramento 94244 (Mailing), www.oag.ca.gov/
Thank You for choosing ORB and enjoy your streaming!:)